Hi and welcome to our blog!
We are a group of carers who care for people with personality disorders and other similar conditions. As with a lot of mental health issues, this means dealing with a lot of difficult and challenging behaviour with very little support from statutory services.
The aims of the group are:
- To provide a safe place where people can talk about issues in confidence
- To provide support for each other
- To influence statutory services using the group’s experience and knowledge
- To provide access to training courses
- To help people gain a greater understanding of their situation
- To learn coping strategies
- To get talks from professional bodies
- To provide relaxing respite via trips out
- Meet people who are dealing with similar situations
- Help to reduce the feeling of isolation we all feel
- Help support other people
- Get involved and have the opportunity to make a difference
Meetings will be once per month on the 2nd Tuesday between 7 and 9 PM. Please get in touch for details of the location.
You can contact me at email@example.com or via the BANES Carers’ Centre.
We look forward to hearing from you!