AGM – November 17th 2013
We discussed our achievements for the year:
- The setup of the Community Care Forum in the AWP
- Members of the AWP coming to our meetings to give talks etc.
- Writing our Carers’ Charter (see update below)
- Workshop at “What Works” conference
- Having a stall at fetes etc with our “Splat the Rat”
All the members of the committee were re-elected.
Ralph Lillywhite did a talk about St Mungos, New Hope and The Hope Guide – a booklet containing all the groups and activities in BANES.
We had a really good meeting with some coffee and a chat after the talk.
Carers’ Charter update
We have written our own Carers’ Charter, that has been written by carers. We read the proposed charter from the AWP and we didn’t think it represented carers’ views. Our group approached the AWP and got permission from the chair of the AWP to do a charter workshop to put together an AWP trust-wide carers’ charter. This workshop is on November 22nd 2013.
We have written our annual report, a copy of which is here.