Six carers met with Ros Stower, Area Manager of the AWP, to discuss the issues they deem important. Ros was very pleasant and open, and she listened to what was said and was very honest with her answers. Many things were discussed, including:
- GPs will be taking over a lot of mental health care from the AWP
- The gap in support for getting people out of their homes and socialising in a group situation
- Places of safety and crisis housing
- Isolation of carers and patients
- Privacy – being able to talk to the relevant services about the people we are caring for
We have joined a carer/service user forum to raise awareness of carers and bring up relevant issues.
Ros Stower has also said that she would come to one of our Keep Safe Keep Sane meetings, so watch this space for further details.